Best Animated Feature film , Best Animated Short Film and Achievements in visual effects.
Place your bets ladies and gentlemen :)
- Surf’s Up by Ash Brannon and Chris Buck (Sony Pictures Releasing)
- Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi and Vincent Paronnaud (Sony Pictures Classics)
- Ratatouille by Brad Bird (Pixar/Walt Disney)
So far Ratatouille is the huge favorite, and I am delighted because I totally loved the movie. But I won’t mind either if Persepolis make the surprise by getting the award.
I Met the Walrus
Production : A Kids Explosions
Directed by Josh Raskin
Production : National Film Board of Canada
Directed by Chris Lavis et Maciek Szczerbowski
Même Les Pigeons Vont au Paradis
Production : Premium Films / BUF Compagnie
Directed by Samuel Tourneux
Peter and the wolf
Production : BreakThru Films/Se-ma-for Studios
Directed by : Suzie Templeton and Hugh Welchman
My Love (Moya Lyubov)
Production : Dago-Film Studio, Channel One Russia et Dentsu Tec
Directed by : Alexander Petrov
you can see the first part of the short below :
I’ll cross my fingers for Samuel ( come on a French movie nominated for the shorts doesn’t happen quite often) , but I have to tell that I really like Petrov short and Madame Tutli-Putli
Those two look incredibly nice and have great emotional content.
- Golden Compass(New Line and Ingenious Film Partners)
- Pirates of the Carribeans: At World’s End (Walt Disney)
- Transformers (DreamWorks and Paramount with Hasbro)
Well this is simple I have seen only the Golden compass yet so I cannot tell.
Which one of those three did you like the most ?
What are your bets for the short and the feature ?
Update !! in a totally different manner here is a nice post from Veronica Romm about the Oscars
The Academy Awards : a love story